How Much Do Frameless Shower Doors Cost?
Frameless shower doors are one of the easiest enhancements you can make to your bathroom to give it a more elegant and modern appeal. Transparent glass doors immediately make any bathroom feel larger while accentuating the craftsmanship and the tile work done in the shower area. If you’re wondering how much frameless shower doors cost, you’re not alone.
The answer, however, might be a little more nuanced than expected. The price of frameless shower doors can range from several hundred to several thousand, but it depends on several factors:
- Custom door vs. one-size-fits-all kit
- Number of glass panels needed for a full enclosure
- Panel size
- Glass type
It’s helpful to understand what you’re looking for before you begin shopping for a frameless shower door, but if you don’t know, an experienced custom shower door company can help you determine what works best for you.
- Each piece of glass is custom-fabricated and manufactured to fit your specific shower measurements.
- A complete custom shower enclosure can accommodate structural irregularities, unusual dimensions, or unique designs.
- The custom shower door experience typically involves a consultation with knowledgeable glass professionals who can offer their insights as you select the right glass and hardware for your bathroom.
- Customers can benefit from a wider selection of glass and hardware options.
- When you order a custom glass shower door, you can typically have it professionally installed, ensuring that it will work as needed.
Number of Panels Needed
Sliding shower doors, a double-door approach, or a full glass shower enclosure require more panels. The number of panels needed will heavily influence your cost.
Not surprisingly, panel size can also drastically influence the cost. The style of shower door that you need may also influence the ideal dimensions. A glass specialist can help you figure out the ideal sizes.
Tempered glass is the standard for most shower doors for safety and durability. Nobody wants to be standing in the shower when the door shatters into tiny small pieces. It’s a near-certain injury risk. Tempered glass is built to withstand more force, and if it did break, it would break into larger pieces.
Clear-tempered glass is the most popular choice because it creates a beautiful ambiance and makes the room feel larger. It also fits into nearly any bathroom style. There are also frosted, patterned, and tinted glass options. The type of tempered glass that you choose will also influence how much your shower door costs.
Order Your Custom Shower Door
At The Original Frameless Shower Doors®, we design, manufacture, and install beautiful custom-made shower doors that you will love for years to come. With more than 30 years of experience, our experienced team has what it takes to ensure you’ll be happy with your frameless shower door for a long time.