Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
5 Tips for Effectively Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
Keeping your shower doors clean and streak-free can be a challenge, especially if you have hard water. But with the right techniques and products, it is possible to keep glass shower doors looking like new. Here are five tips for effectively cleaning glass shower doors that will help make this chore easier. With these tips, you’ll be able to get rid of soap scum and mineral deposits quickly and easily without leaving behind any streaks or residue. So let’s take a look at how you can keep your glass shower doors sparkling clean!
- Start with a Cleaning Solution: Before you start scrubbing away at soap scum, it’s important to make sure you have the right cleaning solution. A good way to start is to use a DIY window cleaner that contains vinegar, baking soda and water. This will help break down soap scum and mineral deposits. If you’d prefer to use a store-bought solution, look for one that is specially designed for glass.
- Get a Soft-Bristled Brush & Squeegee: Next, you’ll need to get a soft-bristled brush and a squeegee. The brush will help loosen any soap scum or mineral deposits that are stuck on the glass. The squeegee is important for wiping off the solution and any debris that has been loosened. It’s also a great tool for removing excess moisture and preventing water spots.
- Apply Cleaning Solution: Now that you’ve got your tools, it’s time to apply the cleaning solution. Start by spraying the entire door with the solution and let it sit for a few minutes. This will help loosen any soap scum or mineral deposits that are stuck on the glass. It’s important to make sure you’re covering the entire door, including the hinges and handles.
- Scrub with a Brush: After letting the solution sit for a few minutes, scrub the glass with your soft-bristled brush. Make sure to pay special attention to any areas that have harder-to-remove soap scum or mineral deposits. This is also a good time to use a razor blade in order to scrape off any thick deposits. It’s important to be gentle and not apply too much pressure, as applying too much pressure can cause damage to the glass. Be careful not to scratch the glass!
- Wipe off Excess Solution: Once you’ve finished scrubbing, use your squeegee to wipe off the excess solution and any debris that was loosened. Finish up by wiping down the door with a clean, dry cloth and you’re done! This should leave your glass shower door looking spotless and streak-free.
By following these five tips for effectively cleaning glass shower doors, you’ll be able to keep your shower looking its best with minimal effort. With these techniques, you’ll be able to get rid of soap scum and mineral deposits quickly and easily without leaving behind any streaks or residue. So don’t wait any longer – start cleaning your glass shower door today!